Tuesday, October 12, 2010

The 100th Post of the Quinsey Blog



100 posts and what have we learned other than that I love midgets and am disgusted by fat people? Almost two and a half years later after countless hours of research, writing, proof-reading, and revisions the following topics have been featured on the Quinsey Blog:

The commencement speech I would deliver at a graduation
The horrors of getting a man massage
The egregious misuse of “replying to all”
Over-zealous religion pimpers
Heightism
Oprah Winfrey’s abnormal influence over people and their careers
Chris Blatchford’s excessive pausing
Ridiculous celebrity baby names
Characteristics of a tool
The establishment of a national stop the stupid registry
The irresponsibility of the US government
The San Diego sports curse
My hatred of TJ Simers
Why white people shouldn’t dance
The Last Lecture
George W.’s inexplicable ignorance
The importance of keeping the fun lamp lit
Why I love Al Davis
The Wall Street Bailout
OJ Simpson’s legal troubles
AIG’s fleecing of the tax payers
Prop 8
Tony Kornheiser and his need to be fired
McCain’s resemblance to Howdy Doody
Partisan politics
Lance Armstrong and the Tour De France
San Diego Padres management
Guns, alcohol, and off-duty cops
Nebraska’s safe haven loophole
The Big Three’s visit to Washington
A Walmart employee trampled to death on black Friday
Rod Blagojevich and his crookery
The Duggars and their baby factory
Kwanzaa
A look back on 2008
The world through the eyes of a douche
Real Chance of Love’s revelation moment
Boy George’s sex scandal
A potential father of the year candidate
Jib Jab videos and Christmas letters
The realities of a down economy
The legalization of marijuana
The Octomom
Dancing with the Stars
British and French nuclear submarines
Winston Churchill and his awesomeness
China’s harassment of a US vessel
Alex Rodriguez and his lack of judgment
A polar bear attack at the Berlin zoo
Nancy Pelosi (aka Satan)
My love of midgets
Reflections on Memorial Day
Foreign relations advice for President Obama
My Heart of Darkness book report gaffe
The fan riots in LA
Reverse racism
The deification of Michael Jackson
Global warming
Ambien CR
Characteristics of a soccer tool
Kenny MacAskill and why he sucks
The Mike Duvall open mike incident
Kanye West’s inappropriate outbursts
Reasons why my wife thinks I’m an asshole
Sobriety
Tiger Woods’ sex scandal
Name those headlines
Festivus
The Real Housewives of Orange County
The fattest woman on the planet
The inequities of the current tax code
SB 1070
Lindsey Lohan inspired words
The BP oil spill
Reasons to get your man card pulled
My love / hate affair with summer
2012 and the end of the world
Questions that keep me up at night
The Ladera Flasher
A man’s response to “23 Things Women Want”
The law of gravity
My love of Vegas
New lyrics for Blame It (On The Alcohol)
People who expect the government to solve their problems
Social networking
The death penalty

To call it a meandering assortment of subject matter would be an understatement. As “double rainbow guy” so profoundly beseeched in his infamous YouTube video: “What does it mean!?” Well, just like the "full double rainbow" I’m not sure exactly what it means but I do know what it represents. I love writing, I always have. What I didn’t realize until now is that other people actually enjoy reading what I write. My underlying goal with the Quinsey Blog has always been to educate while entertaining, to inform through humor and sarcasm, and mostly just to amuse. Though I haven’t always hit the mark on these objectives the overwhelming feedback I’ve received from this blog (both good and bad) has validated two things in my mind: 1) I can actually write, and 2) my voice has a place in the world. To that end I’ve decided to pursue writing as more than just a hobby. While I don’t plan on quitting my day job anytime soon I will now focus more of my efforts on works that are publishable (like the book I started writing 3+ years ago). When I’ve become a rich and famous author (you can stop laughing now) I’ll look back on this blog and more importantly the people who read it as the launching point. In closing I’ll leave you with a quote from Steve Jobs delivered during his 2005 commencement speech at Stanford University, which seems appropriate considering I started this blog with my own graduation commencement speech. I wrote it down several years ago but only now fully grasp its meaning.

"Your time is limited, so don't waste it living someone else's life. Don't be trapped by dogma -- which is living with the results of other people's thinking. Don't let the noise of others' opinions drown out your own inner voice. And most importantly, have the courage to follow your heart and intuition. They somehow already know what you truly want to become."

2 comments:

Brian said...

Congrats....Are we going to have a midget party to celebrate?

Ann said...

Good luck with the book! It's about time you try to get published- your writing is definitely entertaining. So in regards to your comment about becoming rich and famous and looking back at your blog readers as an important launching point....Does that mean us blog readers will be getting royalties??? ;) Regardless, I am totally down with a celebratory midget party! Just say when and where...