Thursday, February 24, 2011
I was asked to delete a post the other day and begrudgingly I obliged. It’s not that I don’t stand behind what I wrote (I do) or think it was wrong to post (it wasn’t), but leaving it out there was putting someone else in a precarious position so I felt compelled to comply. That said I feel the integrity of this blog has now been breached so I’m shutting it down effective immediately…
Did you believe me? Good – you shouldn’t have. I love this feather-ruffling bullhorn way too much to ever shut it down. You can censor me, but never silence me. And while I’m on here I might as well share some recent thoughts that have been on my mind (in no particular order of importance):
1) Why are shipping/mail stores always owned by Middle Eastern people and liquor stores always owned by Asians? Is it mandated in a super secret handbook somewhere?
2) Am I the only one who thinks the B-52’s are the worst band ever? Whenever I hear “Love Shack” I want to break things and hurt people.
3) The other day at the mall I noticed a sign for plus-sized “skinny jeans”. Huh?
4) Why do those glum bastards in first class always look down at you as you pass by on your way to coach? We all know the only reason you’re there is because you fly too much.
5) When did pomegranate become such a popular flavor for every product imaginable? I don’t remember anything pomegranate flavored when I was a kid except for pomegranates.
6) Why does everything in infomercials always cost $19.99 and why do you always get two? There’s no way the cost of a vacuum cleaner that cuts hair is the same as a bag of super-absorbent dish towels.
7) Don’t you hate people who say, “Oh, I haven’t seen that show, I rarely watch television.” Like you’re better than me because you read books and converse with your family at night - screw you.
8) Why does Jay Sean love himself so much?
9) I have nothing but love and respect for Dick Clark but man is he uncomfortable to watch during his Rockin’ New Year’s Eve specials. Why does the network insist on putting him out there when he can barely formulate a sentence?
10) You know that song, “The Freshman” by the Verve Pipe? Great tune, right? Google the meaning and you might not think so anymore. Man – that’s some fucked up shit.
Until next time,
The Quinsey Blog
Thursday, February 17, 2011
CBS News correspondent Lara Logan was just released from a U.S. hospital following a brutal sexual attack and beating she sustained while reporting on the tumultuous events in Cairo. Logan was in the city's Tahrir Square on Friday after Egyptian president Hosni Mubarak stepped down when she, her team and their security "were surrounded by a dangerous element amidst the celebration," CBS said in a statement Tuesday. The network described a mob of more than 200 people "whipped into a frenzy." Separated from her crew in the crush of the violent pack, she suffered what CBS called "a brutal and sustained sexual assault and beating." She was rescued by a group of women and an estimated 20 Egyptian soldiers, the network said. Logan wasn’t the only reporter attacked during the protests in Egypt and she wasn’t the only female targeted for sexual assault. Logan’s attack was one of at least 140 others suffered by reporters covering the unrest in Egypt since Jan. 30, according to the Committee to Protect Journalists. An Egyptian reporter even died from gunshot wounds he received during the protests. Sexual harassment of women is also a common occurrence on the streets of Cairo. On the day Mubarak fell, numerous women reported being groped by the rowdy crowds. One witness even saw a woman slap a man across the face after he touched her.
Way to go Egypt. You couldn’t just smoke blunts, tip over city busses, and light trash cans on fire like respectable protestors? No, you had to go and commit a brutal sexual assault on an innocent news reporter from America. What’s wrong with you? Are your cocks so small and your egos so fragile that you can’t help but to devalue women whenever given the opportunity? We may have our fair share of problems here in America – a floundering economy, a broken government, and the South to name a few – but at least we know how to treat women with the respect and admiration they deserve, and at least we know how to throw a proper riot (see every time a sports team wins a major championship). You should be ashamed of yourselves. Not only does Cairo smell worse than Detroit after the Pistons won their last title, but now the whole world knows what a loathsome and detestable people you truly are. Enjoy your empty celebrations while they last you depraved half-wits. For when your buzz finally wears off it will become evident that you’re still nothing more nothing than a 3rd world desert wasteland full of vile miscreants and insecure perverts.