Monday, June 6, 2011

Who Not To Trust

Trust (–noun): reliance on the integrity, strength, ability, surety, etc., of a person or thing; confidence.

Ever since my high school girlfriend dumped me and then lied about the reason why (old boyfriend) I’ve had trust issues. I want to trust people but I can’t. I always assume they’re hiding something or have alterior motives. Don’t get me wrong, the people I'm closest to in my life I trust completely. But that’s a big investment I’m seldom willing to make. Deciding who and who not to trust is a process. Some people can be eliminated immediately at face value. Others take more time to flesh out. What follows is my “top ten list” (again with the lists – I know, I really need to get some new material) of the folks I flat out refuse to trust on principle alone. Am I being a little closed-minded and perhaps unfairly dismissing people I don’t even know? Sure, but as the old proverb goes “lie down with dogs, wake up with fleas”. So why take the chance?

1) People w/ face tattoos

2) Guys w/ girl’s names


3) Anyone over 4’ tall who refers to themselves as a little person (frauds)

4) People who don’t drink

5) Canadians

6) Guys w/ handlebar moustaches

7) People with more vowels in their names than consonants

8) Dudes in raper vans

9) Mexicans who don’t speak Spanish

10) Anyone who would choose books over television

No comments: