Saturday, December 22, 2012

The Final Post of the Quinsey Blog



I originally established this blog to create a literary presence for myself upon the advice of a literary agent.  She said the fastest way to get published was to create a following, and the fastest way to create a following was through a blog.  It started out benignly enough but then quickly morphed into something entirely different.  I openly shared my unfiltered thoughts and inappropriate views with the world and though most people were afraid to comment publicly (the whole asshole by association thing), I had complete strangers e-mailing me on a daily basis saying how much they enjoyed reading my posts.  As word spread and more and more people began following the blog, an alter ego of sorts was created.  I can’t lie, I’ve loved the attention.  And it’s caused me to look at the world in a whole new way.  I find myself compelled to snap pictures of fat people, midgets, and dudes w/ blue tooth headsets, and I constantly take notes to myself to remind me of things to write about later.  The world has become this strange moving picture show from which I draw inspiration for the blog.  Unfortunately, just like the 14-2 Chargers of 2006, all good things must come to an end (damn you Tom Brady).  And so it is with a heavy heart that after 5 years and 196 posts (195 official posts + 1 that was pulled), I must bring this experiment to an abrupt end.  2013 is a new beginning of sorts for me, and a time to explore new outlets of creativity.  What started out as a quest for publication truly became a journey to personal enlightenment.   And though I may be no closer to publication today than I was on day one, I can tell you with the utmost certainty that it’s all about the journey.  As I shut down my lap top and wipe away the tears, let me leave you with one final thought:

Life is a freak show.  Never leave home without your camera phone.

Until we meet again,
The Quinsey Blog 

No comments: