I’ve been so distracted with work (and playing DraftKings) that I really haven’t been following the news lately. It’s actually a little embarrassing how ill-informed I am on most of the major events trending around the world. I got on the wrong treadmill at the gym yesterday and was forced to watch CNN for a half hour (instead of my normal SportsCenter). Now I have some questions:
· Who is this Kim Davis lady and why is she all over the news? From the clips I viewed on CNN I gathered that she’s the county clerk in Kentucky and is refusing to issue marriage licenses to same sex couples. Something about acting “under God’s authority” because God didn’t intend for same sex couples to get married? Well, I’m pretty sure God also didn’t intend for anyone to turn out as hideous looking as Kim Davis, but shit happens right? Get over it Kim – you’re disgusting and gay people deserve the same rights as everyone else.
· I noticed that Ben Carson’s name has really been shooting up in the presidential polls lately. Am I the only one uneasy about the fact that he’s black AND Republican? Either one on its own is perfectly fine. But put them together and something just doesn’t add up. Being a black Republican is kind of like being a white cornerback in the NFL (I wonder what Jason Sehorn’s up to these days?). I know absolutely nothing about Ben Carson, but I don’t trust him.
· Did school officials in Texas REALLY arrest a 14-year old Muslim boy for bringing a homemade clock to school? And then instead of apologizing to him for their egregious error in judgment, did they REALLY suspend him from school for 3 days for violating the “Student Code of Conduct”? Can you say racial profiling? What the fuck is wrong with you, Texas?
· For all you Bernie Sanders fans out there, you do realize that the guy’s a self-declared socialist, right? And you also know that socialism is essentially just a watered down form of communism? If you truly feel that this country would be better off with a pseudo-commie president, please do the rest of us a favor and move to China (and take Hillary with you).
· Speaking of China, how do you think Donald Trump really feels about China? Wow – he’s like a political version of the “Torpedo of Truth” himself, Charlie Sheen. I honestly cannot recall a political candidate as utterly fascinating and baffling as Donald Trump. He says whatever the fuck he wants, whenever the fuck he wants to, and completely gets away with it. It’s almost as though the political correctness rules other candidates are bound by don’t even apply to him. He’s racist, sexist, elitist, most of the time completely-off-the-rails out there, and yet he continues to climb in the polls. Could this lunatic actually become our next president? I’m still undecided if I love him or hate him, but I do know that I can’t wait to hear what comes out of his mouth next. #winning